Striim for Azure SQL Database
Continuous, Real-Time Data Movement
The Striim platform runs in the Azure Cloud as a PaaS offering and simplifies the real-time data integration from a broad range of on-premise and cloud-based sources into Azure SQL Database and SQL Server databases running on Azure.
With secure, scalable and reliable real-time data delivery combined with built-in processing for data-in-motion, it provides timely data with full context for any downstream operation, such as reporting and hybrid transactional and analytical processing.
Striim automates the real-time collection, preparation, and movement of unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data from databases, cloud data stores, log files, messaging systems, sensors, and Hadoop solutions into Azure SQL Database. For real-time data ingestion from enterprise databases (including Oracle, SQL Server, HPE NonStop, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Amazon RDS for Oracle, Amazon RDS for MySQL) Striim uses low-impact CDC to avoid any modification or performance impact on source production systems.
Using continuous SQL-based queries via its drag-and-drop UI, Striim allows you to filter, transform, aggregate, join, mask, enrich data-in-motion before delivering to SQL DB with sub-second latency. Striim supports additional targets such as Kafka, Hadoop, files, NoSQL databases etc.
- Offload operational reporting to Azure SQL DB by automating real-time ingestion of high-volume data
- Report on transactional data without any impact on sources
- Pre-process data-in-motion before delivery to store the data in the right format for operational decision making
- Reduce expensive ETL cycles and unnecessary access paths
- Synchronize partial data sets for reporting avoiding batch inefficiencies