Striim for Azure Cosmos DB
Continuous, Real-Time Data Movement
Striim simplifies the real-time collection and movement of data from a wide variety of on-premise sources, including enterprise document and relational databases, sensors, and log files into Azure Cosmos DB. It provides non-intrusive change data capture (CDC) for major databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, HPE NonStop, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Amazon RDS for Oracle, Amazon RDS for MySQL.
While the data is streaming, Striim enables in-flight processing and enrichment before delivering to Azure Cosmos DB, providing full context for real-time reporting, IoT analytics, and transaction processing.
Striim runs in the Azure Cloud and offers a secure, reliable, and scalable service for real-time collection, preparation, and movement of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data (including telemetry data) into Azure Cosmos DB. With low-impact CDC capabilities, it minimizes any impact on source systems.
With support for diverse data sources and in-flight processing and enrichment, it solves the problem of translating relational and other structured sources into document form. By offering real-time data movement from heterogeneous data sources, such as Oracle and SQL Server, continuously, Striim enables Azure customers to migrate data into Cosmos DB without database downtime.
- Offload operational reporting to Cosmos DB by automating real-time ingestion of high-velocity data, including IoT data
- Report on transactional data without any impact on source databases
- Synchronize partial data sets for reporting avoiding batch inefficiencies
- Prepare data-in-motion before delivery to Cosmos DB to store the data in the right format for operational decision making
- Easily convert structured data to document form via Striim’s wizards-based, drag-and-drop UI
- Continuously monitor your data pipelines with real-time alerts