Last Updated: January 31, 2022
The StreamShift Service (“Stream Shift Service” or “Service”) is a solution provided by Striim Inc. (“Striim”, “we”, “us”, “our”) to Striim customers (each a “Customer”, “you”, “your”) as a service, which is a fully managed real-time database migration service.
- Account: As defined in Striim’s Terms of Service Agreement.
- Billing Period: A monthly term starting on the effective date of your order .
- Effective Credits: the conversion rate of Events to Credits as specified in your order.
- Event: A set of one or more data elements that is acquired by a Source from an external system or output to an external system by a Target, and that corresponds to a Striim event type. Examples of such events include, but are not limited to, database logical change records and database table rows
- Monthly Plan: Monthly usage billed in arrears at the end of Billing Period.
- Source: A source is a start point of a flow and in most cases defines how data is acquired from an external data source. The start point of a flow can also be an in-memory or persistent data stream.
- Target: A target is an end point of a flow and in most cases defines how data is passed to an external system for storage, analysis, or other purposes.
- Adapter: An adapter is a component that connects the Service to a data source. Which adapter is selected determines which properties must be specified for a Source or Target.
b. How is credit consumption calculated?
Striim’s consumption based pricing includes the cost of the Events, cloud infrastructure compute resources, and data transfer costs, which includes, but is not limited to, ingress, egress, and storage of Events. The charge for these items is metered in a single metric which we refer to as Credits (“Credits”). We calculate your consumption of such Credits every month based on your usage, i.e., each instance of an Event inputted or outputted to or from an external system via Striim’s Source and Target Adapters. The conversion rate of Effective Credits depends on the plan you selected in your order.
c. Deficit of Credits
When you enter into a Monthly Plan, you are purchasing Credits that are used to cover your StreamShift Service usage throughout your monthly term (“Term”). If your Credit balance is depleted before the end of the Term, and you continue to use the Service then throughout the remaining Term any usage will be billed monthly in arrears at the rate of Effective Credits as set forth on your order.
d. Expiration of Contract
You must use your Credits within the applicable Term and unused Credits at the end of the Term are forfeited.
e. Changes to the Service Consumption Table
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE CREDIT CONSUMPTION TERMSARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY STRIIM IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME. WHEN CHANGES ARE MADE, STRIIM WILL SEND AN E-MAIL TO YOU AT THE LAST E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED TO US PURSUANT TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT. ANY CHANGES WILL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
|Compute and Data Transfer Costs
|Public Data Egress