Striim Expands Collaboration with Microsoft to Move Real-Time Data to Azure
Global Microsoft partner enables continuous, real-time data pipelines
for Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Databases, and Other Azure Analytics Services
PALO ALTO, CA – July 16, 2018 – Striim®, provider of an enterprise-grade platform for streaming data integration, announced today that it has expanded its relationship with Microsoft to continuously feed real-time data from a broad range of data sources such as Oracle® Exadata®, Teradata®, SQL Server and other relational database sources, into Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL Database and other Azure analytics services including Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Cosmos DB, and Azure HDInsight.
This integration helps Azure customers rapidly deploy data pipelines to make real-time operational data available for modern data warehousing, advanced analytics, and machine learning solutions, enabling operational decision making on a continuous basis.
Real-Time Data Movement to Azure from Existing Data Warehouses and Databases
Striim’s cloud-based services simplify setting up real-time data pipelines from existing data warehouses and operational databases into Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Cosmos DB, and Azure HDInsight.
The Striim platform, running in Azure, offers non-intrusive, real-time data ingestion from data warehouses (including Oracle Exadata, Teradata, and Amazon®Redshift®) and databases (including Oracle, SQL Server, HPE®NonStop®, and MySQL) to enable continuously updated operational data for cloud-based analytics without impacting the performance of source systems. Striim helps to enable fast data loading to Azure in streaming mode or batch mode using optimized interfaces. In-flight data processing allows Striim to help reduce on-premises ETL workloads.
“Businesses adopting cloud-based analytics need to ensure reliable, real-time and continuous data delivery from on-prem and cloud-based data sources to gain maximum value from their investments,” said Alok Pareek, Founder and EVP of Products for Striim. “Striim is designed for enterprise-grade streaming integration from diverse data sources, and runs in Azure to enable operational use cases and increase the speed of deployment for Azure-based analytics solutions.”
Key Use Cases for Striim Solutions for Azure
Azure customers can use Striim’s cloud-based streaming integration services to:
- Facilitate building a hub-and-spoke architecture for Azure SQL Data Warehouse using real-time data sub-setting.
- Build a modern data warehouse with a real-time data store that supports operational decision making.
- Run operational workloads and set up data stores on Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for PostgreSQL®, and Azure Database for MySQL® by continuously ingesting transactional data.
- Implement advanced big data analytics, machine learning, and AI based on low-latency, pre-processed data by setting up real-time data pipelines to Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure DataBricks, and Azure HDInsight from diverse sources, including databases and log files.
“We are excited to work closely with Striim to offer Azure customers the option to use a streaming data architecture for data movement from their existing data stores and data warehouses, regardless of their location or technology,” said John ‘JG’ Chirapurath, General Manager, Azure Data and Artificial Intelligence for Microsoft. “With Striim, Azure analytics services customers can more easily use real-time operational data to support their users on a 24/7 basis with timely and actionable intelligence.”
Striim’s solution offers out-of-the-box features that can maximize integration speed and reliability for Azure customers:
- In-Flight Data Processing: By filtering, transforming, aggregating, enriching, and masking data in-flight, Striim minimizes on-premises ETL workloads and delivers pre-processed data into analytical services to accelerate time to insight.
- Built-in Pipeline Monitoring and Validation: Striim carefully orchestrates the data integration processes and continuously monitors data pipelines to ensure zero data loss and transactional integrity.
- SQL Language and Wizards-Based Development: Via its intuitive development interface that uses SQL language for data processing, as well as easy-to-use integration Wizards, Striim enables Azure customers to set up real-time data feeds into Azure in minutes.
The Striim platform offers in-flight data transformations and enrichment capabilities, and also integrates with Azure DataBricks via Azure Data Lake Storage to allow highly complex transformations using Spark. Striim can also import the machine learning models developed by Azure DataBricks for in-flight data scoring.
Striim offers the following PaaS solutions in the Azure Marketplace:
- Real-Time Data Integration to Azure SQL Database
- Real-Time Data Integration to Azure Storage
- Real-Time Data Integration to Azure HDInsight
Striim for Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Striim for Azure Data Lake Storage (gen 2), and Striim for Azure Cosmos DB are available for preview. Please contact us for a demo or walkthrough of the live solutions.
For more information about Striim’s collaboration with Microsoft and integration solutions for Azure analytics services, please visit striim2020.local.com/microsoft-azure/.
The Striim®platform is an enterprise-grade streaming data integration solution. Striim makes it easy to continuously ingest and process high volumes of streaming data from diverse sources, on-premises or in the cloud, for real-time Kafka, Hadoop, NoSQL integration and hybrid cloud infrastructure. Striim can collect data from enterprise databases (using non-intrusive change data capture), log files, messaging systems, and sensors in real time, and deliver to virtually any target on-premises or in the cloud with sub-second latency. Companies worldwide use the Striim platform for a wide variety of use cases including data security, fraud detection, SLA monitoring, customer experience, data modernization and centralization, and Internet of Things (IoT) edge processing and analytics. Please visit striim2020.local.com, read our blog at striim2020.local.com/blog, follow @striimteam, or download the Striim platform.