Striim® 220.127.116.11 release notes
For evaluating Striim:
- memory: minimum 4 GB for use by Striim (so the system should have at least 5GB,
preferably 8GB or more)
- free disk space: minimum 10 GB, 20 GB recommended
- operating system:
- for evaluation, development, and production (if you need to run Striim on another operating system or version,
please contact Striim support):
64-bit CentOS 6.7 through 7.6,
64-bit Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, or 18.04,
64-bit Windows Server 2012
- for evaluation and development only: Mac OS X 10, Windows 8.1 or 10
- 64-bit Oracle Java SE JDK 8 (recommended) or 64-bit OpenJDK 8
A production environment will require more memory and disk space.
Java SE JDK 7 and OpenJDK 7 are no longer supported. You must upgrade to version 8.
Using Striim with MySQL requires the MySQL Connector/J JDBC driver 5.1.46. If you
are using an earlier version, you must upgrade it. See "Installing the MySQL JDBC driver" in
the Installation and Configuration Guide.
Striim requires Oracle JDBC driver ojdbc8.jar. If you are using an
earlier version, remove it and install ojdbc8.jar. See "Installing the
Oracle JDBC driver" in the Installation and Configuration Guide.
The web client has been tested on Chrome. Other web browsers should work, but if you
encounter bugs, try Chrome.
Changes that may require modification of your TQL code, workflow, or environment
Writing to Cassandra
If you have an application that uses DatabaseWriter to write to Cassandra, rewrite it
to use CassandraWriter. This should require only changing the name of the writer from
DatabaseWriter to CassandraWriter.
Writing to Cosmos DB using the Cassandra API
If you have an application that uses DatabaseWriter to write to Cosmos DB using the
Cassandra API, rewrite it to use Cassandra Cosmos DB Writer.
Reading from Oracle GoldenGate
GG Trail Reader can read metadata from GoldenGate trail files. See Change Data Capture (CDC) Guide > Oracle GoldenGate > GG Trail Reader properties
for instructions on migrating the properties.
File Reader + GG Trail Parser have been deprecated in favor of GG Trail Reader.
You may continue to use the FileReader + GG Trail Parser combination used in previous releases but it will not read metadata. GG Trail Parser will be deprecated in a future release. Please contact Striim support to plan a transition.
Google PubSub Writer default property change in 18.104.22.168
The default values for PubSubConfig have changed. The new values should avoid
DEADLINE_EXCEEDED errors. Do not change these values unless instructed to by Striim
SQL Server JDBC drivers
SQL Server 2008 requires an older version of Microsoft's JDBC driver that is not
compatible with the most recent SQL Server versions. See the Installation and Configuration
Guide > Configuring Striim > Insalling third-party drivers > Installing the Microsoft
JDBC driver for more information.
Customer-reported issues fixed in release 22.214.171.124:
- DEV-16873: Database Reader (MySQL) issue reading integer columns
- DEV-22651: Issue with hyphen in SQL Server database name
- DEV-23119: GG Trail Reader crash on DDL event
- DEV-23221: Stale output in
MON <source> output
- DEV-23271: GG Trail Parser: DDL issue
- DEV-23286: GG Trail Parser: DDL issue
- DEV-23297: REST API token is invalid after associated user logs out from Striim UI
- DEV-23501: Oracle Reader file sequence gap
- DEV-23513: GG Trail Parser > Database Writer error when primary key has timestamp data type
- DEV-23515: Oracle Reader crash after upgrade to 126.96.36.199
- DEV-23520: Kafka Reader stops capturing data
- DEV-23561: PostgreSQL Reader > Database Wrier (PostgreSQL) ClassCastException
- DEV-23596: Database Reader (Oracle) ORA-01000 error during initial load
Customer-reported issues fixed in release 188.8.131.52:
- DEV-21018: Database Reader row count warnings in log
- DEV-21818: MongoDB Reader JSONParseException error
- DEV-22636: Oracle Reader > Database Writer PostgreSQL handling of single quote in data values
- DEV-22639: can't start Striim as a service in Windows
- DEV-22657: passwordEncryptor.bat null pointer exception
- DEV-22769: Oracle Reader can't find log file
- DEV-22890: Oracle Reader issue with Active Data Guard
- DEV-22941: app crashed with "not enough servers" when there were enough servers
- DEV-22945: GGTrail Parser issue
- DEV-22957: errors quiescing app with Kafka-persisted stream
- DEV-22971: app crashed with 90% memory usage though usage was not that high
- DEV-22975: Kafka Writer fails with network exception
- DEV-23089: Oracle Reader file sequence gap message
Customer-reported issues fixed in release 3.10.3:
- DEV-19680: Google Cloud Platofrm: can not enter Product key for BYOL solution
- DEV-20672: HP NonStop readers: list of active transactions grows without limit when CDC process reads from a single auxiliary audit trail
- DEV-21398: Dashboard GRANT permission issue
- DEV-21471: Configure MEM_MAX in startUp.properties in Windows
- DEV-21818: MongoDB Reader error com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Non-standard token 'NaN'
- DEV-22107: Property variable issue
- DEV-22508: Alerts not working
- DEV-22636: Single quote in Oracle CLOB becomes converted to double quotes PostgreSQL text
- DEV-22639: Unable to start Striim as a service in Windows
- DEV-22650: Snowflake Writer deployed on default deployment group deploys on agent
- DEV-22657: passwordencryptor.bat throws null pointer exception
- DEV-22769: Oracle Reader fails with missing log file error when the file exists
- DEV-22886: Importing TQL in web UI loses multi-byte character
- DEV-22935: DROP NAMESPACE ... CASCADE does not drop property variables
- DEV-22937: GG Trail Parser on agent: checkpoint is wrong after restart
- DEV-22938: GG Trail Parser on agent: file lineage is not avaialble
- DEV-22939: Can not save Kafka Writer created in UI with default batch size and mode
- DEV-22945: File Reader + GG Trail Parser not quiescing properly
- DEV-22950: Kafka Writer sometimes sticks on retry
- DEV-22952: MonitoringSourceStream error
- DEV-22957: Quiesce fails with error "Could not get a lock on Kafka topic"
- DEV-22971: When LEE is enabled, app crashes with 90% memory usage
- DEV-23066: Exported TQL includes namespace declarations
- DEV-23102: File Reader + GG Trail Parser > File Writer sometimes missing data
- DEV-23156: "Free disk space" reported incorrectly as GB when it should be percent
- DEV-23172: GCS Writer: unexpected comma at the beginning of file
- DEV-23187: Kafka Writer hangs on stop with ActionNotFoundWarning
- DEV-23243: Data from Kafka stream is not received by target Database Writer
- DEV-23263: Spanner Writer: NullPointerException due to race condition
The following issues have been identified but not yet fixed as of this release.
Additional known issues are mentioned in the relevant topics in the documentation.
HTTPReader is missing the Parser menu in the UI (DEV-1854)
Workaround: Use the console or import TQL.
MAP settings are not exposed in the UI (DEV-4138)
MAP clause of
CREATE SOURCE ... OUTPUT TO is not
exposed in the UI, though it can be created with the App Wizard.
Workaround: in the console, use
DESCRIBE to view settings,
ALTER to change them.
WActionStore silently discards events with null value for event type key (DEV-5599)
Creating a source using HTTPReader and DSVParser fails with error (DEV-5916)
Workaround: Have the sender include type=dsv in the URI. For example:
curl -X POST "http://192.168.1.107:9090?type=dsv&charset=utf-8"...
Dashboard queries not dropped with the dashboard or overwritten on import (DEV-6068)
When you drop a dashboard, its queries are not dropped. If you drop and re-import a dashboard, the queries in the JSON file do not overwrite those already in Striim.
Workaround: drop the namespace.
SORTER objects do not appear in the UI (DEV-8142)
DatabaseWriter shows no error in UI when MySQL credentials are incorrect (DEV-8933)
If your DatabaseWriter Username or Password values are correct, you will see no error
in the UI but no data will be written to MySQL. You will see errors in
webaction.server.log regarding DatabaseWriter containing
Failure in Processing
command denied to user.
DatabaseWriter needs separate checkpoint table for each node when deployed on multiple nodes (DEV-11305)
GRANT command wildcard does not work for objects (DEV-12146)
Commands such as
GRANT ALL ON * *.* TO ROLE ... will fail.
Workaround: leave out the object element, for example,
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO ROLE ....
Import of custom Java function fails (DEV-17653)
IMPORT STATIC may fail. Workaround: use lowercase
When DatabaseReader Tables property uses wildcard, views are also read (DEV-19903)
Workaround: use Excluded Tables to exclude the views.
SELECT FROM exception store using JUMPING WITHIN does not work (DEV-23377)
Workaround: omit WITHIN. For example:
SELECT to_waevent(s.relatedObjects) AS evtlist
FROM ExceptionstoreDemo_exceptionstore [JUMPING 5 SECOND] s;