Striim® 18.104.22.168 release notes
Striim 22.214.171.124 supports Oracle 18c.
For evaluating Striim:
- memory: minimum 4 GB for use by Striim (so the system should have at least 5GB,
preferably 8GB or more)
- free disk space: minimum 10 GB, 20 GB recommended
- operating system:
- for evaluation, development, and production (if you need to run Striim on another operating system or version,
please contact Striim support):
64-bit CentOS 6.7 through 7.6,
64-bit Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, or 18.04,
64-bit Windows Server 2012
- for evaluation and development only: Mac OS X 10, Windows 8.1 or 10
- 64-bit Oracle Java SE JDK 8 (recommended) or 64-bit OpenJDK 8
A production environment will require more memory and disk space.
Java SE JDK 7 and OpenJDK 7 are no longer supported. You must upgrade to version 8
before installing or upgrading to Striim 3.8 or later.
Using Striim with MySQL requires the MySQL Connector/J JDBC driver 5.1.46. If you
are using an earlier version, you must upgrade it. See "Installing the MySQL JDBC driver" in
the Installation and Configuration Guide.
Striim 3.9 has been verified with Oracle JDBC driver ojdbc8.jar. If you are using an
earlier version, remove it and install ojdbc8.jar. See "Installing the
Oracle JDBC driver" in the Installation and Configuration Guide.
Oracle has ended patch fixes for Oracle 11g 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52. You must upgrade to
11g 184.108.40.206, 12c 220.127.116.11, or 18c to use OracleReader with this release.
The web client has been tested on Chrome. Other web browsers should work, but if you
encounter bugs, try Chrome.
Changes that may require modification of your TQL code, workflow, or environment
Google PubSub Writer default property change in 18.104.22.168
The default values for PubSubConfig have changed. The new values should avoid
DEADLINE_EXCEEDED errors. Do not change these values unless instructed to by Striim
Writing to Cosmos DB using the Cassandra API
If you have an application that uses DatabaseWriter to write to Cosmos DB using the
Cassandra API, rewrite it to use Cassandra Cosmos DB Writer.
Starting with 3.9.7, Striim includes a separate reader for MariaDB. If you have been
using MySQLReader to read from MariaDB, we recommend switching to MariaDBReader.
Changes to MSSQLReader properties
Starting with 3.9.7, the default value of Auto Disable Table CDC has been changed
SQL Server JDBC drivers
SQL Server 2008 requires an older version of Microsoft's JDBC driver that is not
compatible with the most recent SQL Server versions. See the Installation and Configuration
Guide > Configuring Striim > Insalling third-party drivers > Installing the Microsoft
JDBC driver for more information.
Customer-reported issues fixed in release 22.214.171.124:
- DEV-16751: deploy fails with invalid password message
- DEV-17238: SQL Server test connection fails
- DEV-18610: after upgrading to 3.9.6, Oracle Reader fails with BufferOverflowException
- DEV-18792: when source and targets are defined in separate apps, target application is invalid after stop
- DEV-19476: SQL Server JDBC error cannot update identity column
- DEV-20273: app is not_enough_servers status after restarting server nodes while leaving agent running
- DEV-20309: exported TQL includes namespace
- DEV-20485: BigQuery Writer issue with primary key updates
- DEV-20547: can't start second server node
- DEV-20592: exported TQL includes namespace
- DEV-20597: user with <namespace>.dev role can not deploy or undeploy application
- DEV-20618: external cache crashes after server restart
- DEV-20658: Spanner Writer "was already created in this transaction" error
- DEV-20659: unable to drop WActionStore using web UI
- DEV-20660: Oracle Reader to BigQuery Writer "file deletion failed" error
- DEV-20679: PostgreSQL Reader fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException for TOAST columns
- DEV-20684: ClassNotFoundException when running aksConfig.bat
- DEV-20688: GGTrailParser to BigQuery Writer checkpoint issue after restart
- DEV-20724: Email Adapter ccEmailList issue
- DEV-20750: can't start Striim after upgrading to 126.96.36.199
- DEV-20754: in-place upgrade from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 fails
- DEV-20840: high CPU usage with SnowflakeWriter
- DEV-20843: Oracle Reader issue with TransactionBufferSpilloverSize
- DEV-20866: BigQuery Writer failed silently
- DEV-20893: PostgreSQL Reader latency / lag issue
- DEV-20907: Alert Manager alerts stop working
- DEV-20924: Google PubSub Writer retry issue
- DEV-20927: BigQuery Writer read timeout issue
- DEV-20939: recovery checkpoint not updated for ignored events
- DEV-20944: invalid apps after upgrading from 3.9.3 to 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168
- DEV-20945: quiesce issues with BigQuery Writer
- DEV-20948: BigQuery Writer crashes when Optimized Merge is enabled
- DEV-20952: Oracle Reader to BigQuery Writer crashes with "too many open files" error
- DEV-20956: Database Writer crash with "clearBuffer: Event not in the Buffer" error
- DEV-20968: connection failure to Amazon RDS for Oracle when using SSL
- DEV-20971: some GGTrailParser WARN-level messages should be DEBUG-level
- DEV-20974: Database Writer MON output shows multiple Target Commit Position values
- DEV-21009: GGTrailParser restart after crash fails with "crossed recovery point" error
- DEV-21020: MSSQL Reader connection retry issues
- DEV-21040: when using ColumnMap and wildcard, SQL Server target tables have NULL values for columns that do not exist in the source
Customer-reported issues fixed in release 22.214.171.124:
- DEV-19754: BigQueryWriter null value error
- DEV-20399: BigQueryWriter does not crash if specified target table does not exist
- DEV-20536: BigQueryWriter reaches daily batch limit
- DEV-20596: BigQueryWriter issue with property variables
- DEV-20598: MSSQLReader duplicate events after restart
- DEV-20615: MSSQLReader duplicate events after restart
- DEV-20635: PostgreSQLReader null pointer exception with PostgreSQL 11 and later
- DEV-20680: BigQueryWriter crashes when application is stopped
- DEV-20688: Open processor checkpoint issue
- DEV-20773: java.io.FileNotFoundException when application is stopped
Customer-reported issues fixed in release 126.96.36.199:
- DEV-16732: property variable issue
- DEV-19085: MariaDB Reader DDL event issue
- DEV-19428: Open Processor does not load on restart
- DEV-19880, DEV-19889: Alert Manager sending one email per server in cluster
- DEV-20264: exported TQL can not be imported
- DEV-20332: PostgreSQL Reader fails with null pointer exception
- DEV-20395: error when using web UI Monitor page
- DEV-20436: apps will not run after upgrading to 3.9.8
- DEV-20440: deployment fails after upgrading to 3.9.8
- DEV-20441, DEV-20495: Snowflake Writer syntax error in Flow Designer after upgrading to 3.9.8
- DEV-20447: password error with PartialRecordPolicy Open Processor
- DEV-20452: Flow Designer copy/paste issue after upgrading to 3.9.8
- DEV-20456: Kafka Reader can not read messages in Avro format
- DEV-20457: Forwarding Agent does not connect when multiple IP addresses specified for striim.node.servernode.address
- DEV-20482: BigQueryWriter fails with null pointer exception
- DEV-20489: KuduWriter date conversion issue
- DEV-20516: app export fails
Customer-reported issues fixed in release 3.9.8:
- DEV-17104: issue with special characters in column name
- DEV-18431: memory not released
- DEV-18492: crash with unknown exception
- DEV-18680: incorrect status information system heath REST API
- DEV-18681: application alert not working
- DEV-18785: deployment issue
- DEV-18925: SMTP authentication issue
- DEV-18935: directory indexing issue
- DEV-18936: security issue
- DEV-18964: invalid date format with OracleReader
- DEV-19113: exported TQL missing type fields
- DEV-19140: metadata repository issue with Oracle host
- DEV-19205: recovery hangs
- DEV-19212: failure sending HELO command to SMTP server)
- DEV-19222: app does not fail when MySQL is down
- DEV-19288: CPU alert issue
- DEV-19395: ADLSGen2Writer rollover issue
- DEV-19422: alert has wrong application status
- DEV-19477: Open Cursor limit has reached in the target database
- DEV-19482: DatabaseWriter issue
- DEV-19540: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Zero length BigInteger
- DEV-19564: SpannerWriter issue
- DEV-19593: GGTrailParser documentation isue
- DEV-19622: DBReader (Oracle source) to BigQuery - crashed
- DEV-19686: Docker image has expired license
- DEV-19701: SpannerWriter does not crash when target table does not exist
- DEV-19707: app is not checkpointing
- DEV-19751: server heap issues
- DEV-19775: treating MONTH as Ccse-sensitive causing "DateTimeParseException"
- DEV-19864: app not checkpointing when GoldenGate trail has no DML
- DEV-19892: event rate from REST Health API is wrong
- DEV-20011: "com.striim.specialColumnTypes.SpecialColumnTypeHandler.getReplacedUpdateSQLRedo (SpecialColumnTypeHandler.java)" errors
- DEV-20074: 188.8.131.52 Forwarding Agent missing MSSQLReader JAR
The following previously reported known issues have been fixed in this release.
- MySQLReader DDL CREATE and DROP operations not emitted (DEV-18004)
- Authentication failure with Java event publishing API when httpEnabled=False (DEV-19281)
The following issues have been identified but not yet fixed as of this release.
Additional known issues are mentioned in the relevant topics in the documentation.
HTTPReader is missing the Parser menu in the UI (DEV-1854)
Workaround: Use the console or import TQL.
MAP settings are not exposed in the UI (DEV-4138)
MAP clause of
CREATE SOURCE ... OUTPUT TO is not
exposed in the UI, though it can be created with the App Wizard.
Workaround: in the console, use
DESCRIBE to view settings,
ALTER to change them.
WActionStore silently discards events with null value for event type key (DEV-5599)
Creating a source using HTTPReader and DSVParser fails with error (DEV-5916)
Workaround: Have the sender include type=dsv in the URI. For example:
curl -X POST "http://192.168.1.107:9090?type=dsv&charset=utf-8"...
Dashboard queries not dropped with the dashboard or overwritten on import (DEV-6068)
When you drop a dashboard, its queries are not dropped. If you drop and re-import a dashboard, the queries in the JSON file do not overwrite those already in Striim.
Workaround: drop the namespace.
SORTER objects do not appear in the UI (DEV-8142)
DatabaseWriter shows no error in UI when MySQL credentials are incorrect (DEV-8933)
If your DatabaseWriter Username or Password values are correct, you will see no error
in the UI but no data will be written to MySQL. You will see errors in
webaction.server.log regarding DatabaseWriter containing
Failure in Processing query and
command denied to user.
DatabaseWriter needs separate checkpoint table for each node when deployed on multiple nodes (DEV-11305)
Flow Designer is unresponsive when a type has a very large number of fields (DEV-11898)
Workaround: Use the console.
GRANT command wildcard does not work for objects (DEV-12146)
Commands such as
GRANT ALL ON * *.* TO ROLE ... will fail.
Workaround: leave out the object element, for example,
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO ROLE ....
Import of custom Java function fails (DEV-17653)
IMPORT STATIC may fail. Workaround: use lowercase
SnowflakeWriter drops events from MSSQLReader sources (DEV-19058)
Workaround: omit the source database name from SnowflakeWriter's Tables property.
For example, instead of
When DatabaseReader Tables property uses wildcard, views are also read (DEV-19903)
Workaround: use Excluded Tables to exclude the views.